Google Chrome is an open source browser based on Webkit and powered by Google Gears. It was accidentally announced prematurely on September 1, 2008 and slated for release the following day. It premiers originally on Windows only, with Mac and Linux versions to come later.
* Tabbed browsing where each tab gets its own process, leading to faster and more stable browsing. If one tab crashes, the whole browser doesn’t go down with it
* A distinct user interface that places tabs on top of the browser window instead of right below the address bar
* An “incognito” mode that lets you browse the web in complete privacy because it doesn’t record any of your activity
* Malware and phishing lists that automatically update themselves and warn you of bad websites
* A default homepage that displays your most commonly used sites and other personalized information